The hub is an evolving resource – adapting to the needs of those interested in community-led housing in London. This section describes how we can help boroughs, community groups, and interested Londoners.
Over the coming months we will be developing our offer to provide support, activities, and resources that make it easier for people to get homes built in London. We’ll aim to bring better understanding and partnership between landowners, planners, funders, developers and the communities who want homes built.
We are recruiting a panel of advisors – people skilled in different aspects of community-led housing – to help groups and local authorities as they develop their projects. If you are interested and want to know more contact us.
We’ll also make it easier for everyone to access ‘peer to peer’ support and learning, through networking and knowledge sharing events, and a library of helpful guides and references.
How we can help boroughs
- Information about different forms of community-led housing.
- Understanding of how you can create a supportive environment.
- Opportunities to learn from CLH groups, practitioners and other local authorities.
- Practical help to consider how CLH can fit into your strategy.
- Support to connect to local groups who are interested in developing schemes.
- Access to a network of experts who can provide specialist advice.
- Links to GLA initiatives that can support your ambitions.
- A library of information and guidance from CLH sector partners.
- Invitations to networking and knowledge sharing events.
How we can help community groups
- Support and advice over the phone and face to face.
- First step advice and signposting.
- Information about the different options, routes, and legal structures.
- Advice on finding land, funding, development and management services.
- Access to a network of technical advisers.
- Access to a network of supporters (landowners, funders, lenders, councils, housing associations, managing agents, etc.).
- Ongoing help to get schemes ‘over the line’.
How we can help interested Londoners
- Information about what is happening in community-led housing in London and how you can get involved.
- A way to connect to others in your area who may wish to get involved.
- Signposting to the wide range of information, guides, toolkits, and directories that exist.
- Information about the different forms of community led housing.
- The opportunity to get involved in networking and learning events.
- A directory of London groups, accredited advisers, funders, and organisations with expertise or interest in community-led housing.
- Regular newsletters and promotions.