As part of this year’s London Festival of Architecture, we held an online event Housing and the Care Crisis which brought together key thinkers on the subjects of housing and care with four community led housing groups from across London.
During the discussion, we explored the approaches these groups are taking to provide mutual care and support within their communities and considered how these approaches could be used to help re-imagine practices of care away from isolated, profit-driven models towards those that are mutually supportive, collective and sustainable.
Watch the full event here if you missed it:
– Helen Hester, Professor of Gender, Technology and Cultural Politics at the University of West London
– Jim Hudson, Senior Research Associate on the CHIC (Collaborative Housing and Innovation in Care) project.
– Maria Brenton, Adviser to Older Women’s Cohousing & London Older Lesbian Cohousing.
Community housing groups:
– Bonny Downs Cohousing – Newham
– Homes in Mind – Harrow
– Ginger Giraffe – East London