RUSS School of Community Led Housing – Module 2
September 29 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm£40 – £50
This one-day workshop is the second module in RUSS’s education programme.
RUSS is a volunteer-led Community Land Trust based in south London, founded in 2009 with the mission of creating sustainable neighbourhoods and genuinely affordable homes. In June 2018, RUSS was granted planning permission for 33 homes at Church Grove, Ladywell, south east London. It will be London’s largest affordable self-build housing project.
RUSS will share its experience of the 27 months it took achieve this.
Module 2 will typically cover:
- The RUSS model
- Costing the project
- Creating a project team and managing your project
- Project feasability and appraisal
- Developing the client brief. Building and working with the professional team
- Developing the organisation and its structure
- Growing the community team
- Your business plan – organisational and pre-development finance. Working with funders, financial reporting
- The planning process:development agreements, working with planners, the local community, agencies.
Module 2 is ideal for:
- Attendees from RUSS Module 1 who want to learn more, to know the next, practical steps
- Constituted community groups, or a group planning to become constituted
- A group looking to propose and appraise a solution for a specific site
- A group in discussion with a local authority, landowner or developer
- Local authorities, landowners or developers with a site ear-marked for community-led housing
- Council staff and consultants with a remit to develop community-led housing
Attending Module 1 before this workshop is advisable but not essential. If you would like to attend module 1 which covers the early stages of a project, the next workshop will take place on Saturday 26 January 2019.