RUSS School of Community Led Housing – Module 1
Sat 26th January
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
This one-day workshop is the first module in RUSS’s education programme.
RUSS is a volunteer-led Community Land Trust based in south London, founded in 2009 with the mission of creating sustainable neighbourhoods and genuinely affordable homes. In June 2018, RUSS was granted planning permission for 33 homes at Church Grove, Ladywell, south east London and will be London’s largest affordable self-build housing project.
Read the RUSS story here
But how can communities and individuals access community-led housing?
How do you set up and maintain a group, find land, organise finance and negotiate with local authorities?
Module 1 will cover:
- Creating a group – finding people who share your vision
- Organising – networking and building your membership
- Land – where to find it
- Local authorities – how to work with them
- Procurement and competitive dialogue
- Finance – where is the money?
- Building a professional team
- Allocations – deciding who lives in the homes
- Ongoing networking